Thursday, April 12

Birth stories {Personal}

I have a fascination with photographed birth stories.

Though I would hardly describe them as a 'trend', they do seem to be the most recent offering of photographers, who document the birthing process artistically from start to finish. I haven't done one myself yet, but it's something that I'd like to do.

I attended a birth once - A friend whom I babysat for when I was in my teens. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

The smell of hospitals unnerves me. I expected to feel faint. But, when that little one made his entrance, I was transfixed. I sat there at the foot of the bed and tears began to fall. 'The miracle of life' is a phrase that we hear often. But it's true.

Life is a miracle.

And it just struck me... how amazing it is that these children will have photos from the day that they were born. Not just a snapshot here and there. But documentation. A story.

Their story.

And that is why I take pictures.

Below: a special photo of my dad and I. These everyday moments are precious.

Photo  16

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Sweet! You two seems attuned to each other.

alanna said...

Such a sweet picture.

I also love the idea of documenting a birth. I've seen a few 'birth stories' lately and they are so powerful. I can feel the awe and wonder of new life just by looking at the photos.
If I ever have another child...I want to have a 'birth story' for him/her. :)

Post a Comment